9.26.2013

Pizza Party! | food


Most people have BBQs...lately we have Pizza Parties!
It seems to be our new go to party plan when hosting friends or family.
I don't even pull out all my serving ware...we just use butcher paper!



I don't believe this needs much explanation but I will give you the recipe!

Crust:
3 cups whole wheat flour
2 and 1/4 Teaspoons yeast
1 cup water (warm)
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon salt

Add yeast and water in stand mixer with the dough hook
let stand for 5 min
add the rest of the ingredients and mix on medium for 8-10 min
divide into 10-12 balls - let rise about 30min (optional)
heat flat skillet on stovetop (oil optional)
roll out each ball to a 8" circle and lightly brown each side

If I'm not hosting a party I freeze these and have a pre-done crust ready at anytime!

Topping ideas:
Tomato moz. pesto basil
sautéed peppers onions and sausage (red sauce or pesto) with goat cheese <--my fav!
classic pepperoni
BBQ chicken
the possibilities are endless!

Bake for 8-10min at 450





No comments:

Post a Comment